Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Oaklands Church via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Oaklands Church, we or us: Oaklands Church of Unit 19 Ynyscedwyn Enterprise Park, , Ystradgynlais, SA9 1DT.
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Oaklands Church and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Oaklands Church and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2.1. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
2.3. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
“including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
2.4. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Oaklands Church is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
Third party websites and services
Oaklands Church may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Oaklands Church (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £5.
Data security is of great importance to Oaklands Church and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Oaklands Church to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
License To Use Website
Unless otherwise stated, Oaklands Church and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching and listening purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website (except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution).
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without Oaklands Church’s express written consent.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. Oaklands Church reserves the right to restrict access to other areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at their own discretion.
If Oaklands Church provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
Oaklands Church may disable your user ID and password at their sole discretion without notice or explanation.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Oaklands Church makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Oaklands Church does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
- Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
Limitations Of Liability
Oaklands Church will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Oaklands Church has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Oaklands Church’s liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by Oaklands Church’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Oaklands Church; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Oaklands Church to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Oaklands Church has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Oaklands Church’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Oaklands Church’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Oaklands Church.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify Oaklands Church and undertake to keep Oaklands Church indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by Oaklands Church to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Oaklands Church’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by Oaklands Church arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches Of These Terms And Conditions
Without prejudice to Oaklands Church’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Oaklands Church may take such action as Oaklands Church deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Oaklands Church may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Oaklands Church may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with Oaklands Church’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Law And Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English/British Law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom.
Date: 28th Mar 2022